CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: May 7, 2012
Job Title: Reviewer, Audio Publishing
Term: Part-time (20 hours/week)
Location: Toronto, ON
In covering a broad range of duties the emphasis of this position is to coordinate the quality assurance review process for Audio Publishing materials. Responsibilities include conducting reviews of spoken-word recordings and taking part in general recording studio operations.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
Compiling, prioritizing and organizing the list of recordings that require reviews.
Conducting technical reviews of recordings, checking for structural errors.
Conducting word-for-word reviews of recordings that require a detailed quality check.
Conducting regular narration evaluations for all volunteers.
Updating the production tracking system, ensuring the integrity of the data.
Overseeing the work of volunteer reviewers.
Assisting with the evaluation of volunteer narrator/technician auditions.
Providing direction and support to volunteer narrator/technicians.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
- Minimum post-secondary degree or equivalent education. Proficient computer skills in Windows environment; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience recording and editing digital audio or experience in a production environment an asset.
- Excellent English language skills; fluency in second language is an asset. Keen listening skills and ability to evaluate spoken-word recordings for clarity, accuracy and voice quality.
- Excellent relationship, team-building and training skills; a friendly and approachable manner.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in an organized manner.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required
- Able to work both independently and within a team environment
Salary Range: To Commensurate Based on Experience
Closing Date for Applications: May 18, 2012
Please Send the Application To: email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject line.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: Seeing Beyond Vision Loss