Sports, Leisure and Hobbies
- Encourage others to identify themselves to you first. For example, "Hi, Lesley. It's Sandra. How are you doing?"
- Consider large-print books, audiobooks or a magnifier to help with reading.
- Sheet music can be enlarged using a photocopier and braille music scores are available through the CNIB Library.
- Try large-print crossword puzzles and playing cards. A large selection of these items as well as a number of accessible board games are available through the CNIB Webstore or the Consumer Products & Assistive Technology Catalogue.
- Stationary bikes, treadmills and other seated equipment in most gyms and fitness clubs are an excellent way of staying active if safe mobility is a concern.