Registration and Referral
- Registration of new clients
- Information on the Quebec's health system
- Information on various eye pathologies
- Referral towards CNIB programs and services and those offered by rehabilitation centres and community organizations
- Christmas Hampers
- CNIB ID Card
- CNIB Guide Dog Assistance Fund
For additional information, please contact Valérie Cyr at:
- Montreal Area: (514) 934-4622 ext. 232
- Elsewhere in the Province: 1 (800) 465-4622 ext. 232
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every year, thanks to the generosity of the Jeanne Cypihot Foundation and the Gazette Christmas Fund, CNIB provides approximately 200 Christmas hampers (a $125 value each) to its clients in need. Please contact Valerie Cyr to receive an application form.
CNIB ID Card
Identification document delivered by CNIB and recognized, in particular, to vote and to open an account in any Canadian bank.
Offered exclusively to legally blind Canadians registered at CNIB (anyone with 20/200 vision in the best eye with correction or a visual field of 20 degrees or less).
- Transportation: your guide travels for free on ViaRail, Société de transport de la Rive-Sud (STRSM), Corporation métropolitaine des transports de Sherbrooke (CMTS), RÉgie de transport en commum de Shawinigan (RTCS), Corporation inter-municipale de transport des Forges (CITF) and Société de transport du Saguenay (STS). Your guide receives 50% off on his Air Canada plane ticket anywhere in North America.
- Cultural events and recreational activities: when planning a day/night out, check if there is a discount on the cost of admission upon presentation of your CNIB ID card.