You will only commit to the events that work for you. We estimate you will engage, per event, 1-2 hours for preparation and 4 hours minimum to collect phones at the drives.
Training will take place at 2085 Parthenais Street, in Montreal ! or over the phone. Phone collection drives opportunities will occur in predetermined Montréal public spaces.
Assist in executing a Phone It Forward drives and advocating for smartphone donations in support of CNIB’s mission.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for supporting the development of Phone It Forward Phone Drives in local communities, raising awareness about CNIB, advocating for smartphone donations and educating the public on the impact technology has in the hands of individuals impacted by blindness. You will report to to the Team Captain and the Communication agent.
- Improve your social skills
- Allow blind people to get a smartphone
Qualities and Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Patient and friendly
- Organized, reliable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Professional and enthusiastic attitude, self-starter.
- Minimum 14 years old
Orientation and training:
- Orientation, including about CNIB, about our participants and about volunteering at CNIB.
- Training specific to the position, including phone data removal and onsite technical support.