CNIB's Sense scholarship for students with sight loss is an annual, one-time award of $500 granted to a Canadian living with sight loss attending, or planning to attend, university or college in Canada.
This scholarship is made possible by the fundraising efforts of the DalSense Society at Dalhousie University.
The next application period will open in spring 2019. Check this page for information.
Am I eligible?
To be considered eligible for the CNIB Sense scholarship, you must be:
- Blind or partially sighted (less than 20/70 corrected vision)
- A Canadian citizen, or have held landed immigrant status for one year prior to the date of application
- Enrolled in a post-secondary program, or going into a post-secondary degree or diploma program.
- Academic performance, service to the community, financial need and answers to application questions will be taken into consideration in evaluating all applicants.
- How to apply
- Complete the CNIB Sense scholarship application form, along with:
- Academic transcript (high school or post-secondary)
- Letter of reference from a non-family member verifying your education and/or community involvement
Mail, email or fax your application to:
6136 Almon St.,
Halifax, NS, B3K 1T8