- Minimum 6-month minimum commitment
- 2-3 hours per week
- Weekdays, Weekday evenings, or weekends
Toronto: In-person & remote opportunities available; CNIB GTA Community Hub (1525 Yonge Street) or by Zoom.
CNIB's Accessible Technology Program aims to support the technology needs of program participants. With the availability of a wide range of accessible technologies, people with sight loss can accomplish almost any task, provided they have the right device, and the right support!
Through our monthly Accessible Technology group program offerings, we provide a range of in-person & webinar-based workshops on a variety of technology-based topics. Some topics include accessibility features on smartphones, common social media apps, MS Word basics, and much more! With our efforts of providing the best support possible, we are seeking volunteers to assist with our monthly group program offerings.
- Co-Facilitate delivery of remote or in-person group-based workshops on a variety of technology-based topics
- Work with staff & other volunteers to research & develop training materials & handouts
- Collaborate with CNIB staff & other volunteers to identify new technology-based workshop topics
- Improve your public speaking skills
- Impro your presentation skills
- Gain experience creating accessible documents
- Improve your technology skills
- Gain experience for relevant employment opportunities
- Opportunity to help others
- An interest in public speaking & delivering presentations
- Experience working with Zoom conferencing
- Experience creating documents in Microsoft Word
- Experience creating presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Have an interest and aptitude in working with technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of built-in accessibility features on smartphones
- Training on specific technology applications will be provided