- Minimum 6-month minimum commitment
- 2-3 hours per week
- Weekdays, Weekday evenings, or weekends
- Remote, Internet Research, Telephone, Zoom conference
CNIB's Accessible Technology Program aims to support the technology needs of program participants. With the availability of a wide range of accessible technologies, people with sight loss can accomplish almost any task, provided they have the right device, and the right support!
Through our continuous development of Accessible Technology resources, materials and curriculum, we are able to provide our participants with the information they need to use their accessible technology effectively.
With our efforts of providing the best support possible, we are seeking volunteers to assist with research & development of a complete Accessible Technology resource kit.
- Collaborate with CNIB staff & volunteers to determine required curriculum, documentation & other reference resources
- Conduct research to identify & develop documented resources on available & up-to-date accessible technologies
- Collaborate with CNIB staff & other volunteers to identify new technology-based workshop topics
- Assist with development of curriculum for our Accessible Technology one-on-one coaching *monthly group workshops.
- Exercise & improve your research skills
- Improve your document & presentation creation skills
- Gain experience creating accessible documents
- Gain experience for relevant employment opportunities
- Experience conducting research & documenting findings
- Experience creating professional documents in Microsoft Word
- Experience creating presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience working with Zoom conferencing
- Have an interest and aptitude in working with technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Training on specific Accessible Technology concepts will be provided